Lots of variations of Taffy Apple Salad on the web, many having been passed from generation to generation and all sounding delicious. I wanted to share a recipe for Taffy Apple Salad that is quick, simple and just as yummy as it's higher calorie counterparts. Enjoy!
Taffy Apple Salad
- 1 20oz can crushed pineapple (in it's own juice) Do Not Drain
- 4 Granny Smith apples, cored and diced (use 2 green and 2 red for a bit more color)
- 1 lemon (for juice)
- 1 small box Instant Sugar Free Butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 small container Fat Free Cool Whip (thawed)
- 1 cup Nuts (your choice) I like walnuts, but any nut will do.
The lemon is just to keep the apple from turning brown.
Put pineapple (with juice) in large bowl, stir in dry pudding mix. Add apples. Add Cool Whip. Stir gently to mix. Fold in nuts. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. How easy is that!!